We’re always looking for new ways to make our kitchens unique and stylish and we found the perfect way to showcase this through our Teppanyaki grill installations. Teppanyaki grills are not only great for cooking steak but are a brilliant centrepiece for entertaining guests!
What is Teppanyaki?
Teppanyaki (said teppan-yaki) is a style of Japanese cuisine that uses an iron griddle to cook food. In Japan, Teppanyaki grills are commonly used to cook steaks, shrimp okonomiyaki (a savoury pancake), yakisoba (fried noodles) and monjayaki (rice cakes).
Teppanyaki grills are ideal for dinner parties and offer versatility as you can throw just about anything on there. They are flat surfaced and usually gas heated. The large flat surfaced grill is perfect for collective cooking.
What can I cook on it?
Ingredients for more Western style Teppanyaki cooking include steak, lobster, chicken, shrimp, scallops and vegetables. Here’s a quick and easy recipe for some Teppanyaki cooking inspiration!
Benefits of Teppanyaki grills
- Grill warms up quickly (usually around two to three minutes for a medium heat)
- Cooks multiple ingredients at a time
- Keeps food that is cooked warm when placed on the edges of the grill
- Easy to clean (the flat surface means it is easy to wipe up any residue. Check out our post on BBQ cleaners for tips on cleaning your Teppanyaki grill)
Recommended utensils and accessories
- It’s best to use ‘non scratch’ utensils like wooden spoons and plastic or silicon coated spatulas and grill scrapers, however it’s not uncommon to use stainless steel utensils
- Copper cap to keep cooked food protected and moist
- Bamboo skewers
- Squeeze bottles for oil and sauces
Leave a Comment